Monday, September 21, 2009

Latest on Black Panther in Lexington...

Well, the news is that there is no news. No photos, no followup, no nothing. I've scoured the major news sources out of Lexington and the only thing that I have found is continuing debate on the "forums" and comments sections. I am still waiting to hear back from my emails to both the Herald-Leader and to KDFW...could be a while though.

One of the major debates going on with the panther sighting, as well as a lot of cryptid animals, ghosts, UFOs, etc. is how come there aren't more pictures available. As one person pointed out in the comments section of one of the news sights, with as many people these days that have cell phone cameras, how come they aren't taking the pictures. Personally, I feel as if most people aren't exactly ready to take the picture when they first see the target. I would actually be a bit suspicious of someone who was able to get a picture without prior knowledge of the target being there. For example, I've stated numerous times that black bears were a known animal in my area for years, however, I had never seen one. The first time that I did see one, I was too awestruck to grab my phone and get a picture, even though it lumbered around in the road for several minutes. The next time though, I was ready. Both cell phone camera and a film camera at the ready in the car.

I think that a lot of people may only have a one-time encounter with something, which could lead to a lot of reported sightings, but not too much in the lines of photographic evidence. Again, I personally would question those who can offer you a picture of something on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. well I had my camera ready and have several pics and I know who the spirits are....

    ReplyDelete