Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Latest updates on the KY "Bigfoot" photos



It has been nearly 24 hours now since I heard of this incident, and the web has been abuzz as well as news broadcasts from coast-to-coast. Granted, like with any story, the further it gets from the source, the more the story changes...For example, KTLA in Los Angeles, ran the story and report that it left prints. I don't know if they were meaning actual foot prints, or just talking about the grass and weeds being trampled.

There has also been some discussion as to this being nothing more than a crow either on take off or landing.


This could explain a few things such as the "shine" that you see off of the animal. As a friend of mine pointed out, the proportions seem off and the abrupt body cutoff in the grass...

By looking at the photo on the right, you can see what could be a slit in the right arm of the creature where you can see the background weeds and grasses...this easily could be the seperation of feathers.
The more that I look at it, the more I tend to subscribe to this theory of the animal being a crow.
As much as I would love for this to have been definitive proof of BF living in KY, you have to look at the facts to obtain credibility. It would have been easy to jump on the bandwagon and say that it was a BF, but you must always form your opinion, and then research to back up whatever you say. Not forgetting to play devil's advocate with yourself to think of everything possible that it could be. Don't be afraid to ask others for their opinions either. I honestly had no clue up until this morning what this actually was. I knew that it didn't look like a bear, nor anything other mammal really that I knew of. A friend on mine, and "mentor" to the group sent me an email that suggested this could be a crow. So, I researched some more and found several others out there suggesting the same. As a result, I began looking closer at the images, making sure to imagine the subject being a very short distance from the camera, and things began to make sense.
Still, KYPRP and the Kentucky Great Ape Project will continue to monitor and post updates as they become available.

1 comment: